DLC, an Addison Group Company, is adding talent to its Los Angeles-based team of Accounting Manager Consultants!
We are currently seeking experienced Accounting Manager Consultants who want to join a fantastic team of talented Consultants, tasked with supporting our clients in a wide range of interim and project-based Accounting needs.
DLC currently serves our clients out of six offices in Chicago, Northern California and Southern California. Our Los Angeles clients include Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Disney, DreamWorks Animation, Paramount Pictures, East West Bank, Union Bank, Kubota USA, Amgen, Nestle, 99 Cent Stores, Toyota Motor Sales, and a multitude of venture capital firms, hedge funds and private equity firms.
As a DLC Consultant, you will provide solutions across a wide variety of industries, companies, and functional disciplines. On a Daily Basis, you will work directly with accounting, finance and operating executives at the Clients we serve.
- Drive the month-end and quarter-end close process which includes but not limited to preparing and/or reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations, such as: (i) various accrued expenses, (ii) fixed assets and intangible assets, (iii) prepaid expenses, (iv) equity related activity, and (v) various cash and investment activities
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings (i.e., 10-Qs and 10-K) which includes generating and compiling supporting documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules for the quarterly review and annual audit. Assist with research and documentation of technical accounting issues.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Sarbanes Oxley Rule 404 internal control environment.
- Promote and encourage process improvement.
- Participate in monthly budget vs. actual meeting with the financial planning and analysis group and investigate variances as needed.
- Supervise members of the accounting team.
Experience & Requirements
Experience & Skills
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus.
- 2-4 years of Big 4 accounting firm experience (preferred).
- 3 years of corporate general ledger experience (preferred).
- CPA certification desired.
- Experience drafting SEC filings (10-Qs and 10-Ks).
- Sold understanding of GAAP.
- Able to research complex accounting transactions and communicate applicable accounting guidance.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control compliance and required documentation preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and manage individuals.
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity.
- Must be willing to develop and grow with the company and have the desire to take on more responsibility.
- Advanced hands-on experience with at least one major ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, etc.
- System implementation experience preferred but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficient in standard workplace applications, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, strong analytical capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should also have approximately 5-20 years of overall experience.