DLC Named as One of Chicago Tribune’s 2022 Top Workplaces
We’re excited to announce that DLC has been named as one of the Chicago Tribune’s 2022 Top Workplaces, receiving a winning gold badge.
The award underscores DLC’s leading-edge execution in offering financial support to clients and their dedication to providing their employees with everything they need to succeed.
DLC is a collective of financial experts that offers professional services to organizations of all sizes and was nominated by their employees for their “people-first” mentality.
About the Chicago Tribune’s 2022 Top Workplaces List
This list is created by the Chicago Tribune in conjunction with Energage and is considered one of the nation’s most credible and reliable employer recognition programs due to the fact that winners are decided by quantitative employee feedback.
How the Chicago Tribune’s 2022 Top Workplaces Winners Are Decided
This award is based entirely on employee feedback captured within Energage’s researched-backed workplace survey.
The survey includes 24 base statements about culture imperatives, including:
- Alignment: Where the company is headed, it’s values, cooperation, and effectiveness
- Connection: Whether or not employees feel appreciated, believe their work is meaningful, that they’re working to their full potential, and that they work well together
- Coaching: Whether or not managers care about employee concerns, their degree of helpfulness, and how they encourage employee development
- Performance: Execution of projects, open mindedness, innovation, and hands-on leadership
It also seeks to measure:
- Employee Engagement: Productivity, retention, and recruiting
- Leadership: Confidence in company leaders
- The Basics: Pay, benefits, flexibility, training, and expectations
All responses are anonymous and survey results are compared against the Top Workplaces benchmark, developed from 16 years of data from 27 million employee surveys across 70,000 organizations.
How DLC Gives Back to Employees
As an organization, DLC recognizes that people are their firm’s greatest asset. As such, they seek to give back to their employees through many different efforts, including:
- Career Growth: Exposure to a variety of work across different industries and disciplines with an emphasis on the importance of growing as a team — as well as an individual — by working towards achieving meaningful goals.
- Challenging Work: Opportunities for employees to participate in fast paced, dynamic, and challenging work that allows employees to utilize their skillset.
- Unique Model: DLC offers a unique approach to consulting through unique models – both employment and operating – providing tremendous benefits to consultants and clients alike.
- Recognition: Employees at DLC are rewarded and recognized for their contributions in an environment where finance and accounting professionals actually drive the business.
How DLC Helps Clients
DLC concentrates on financial project execution. Many consulting and professional service firms support a range of ancillary offerings, such as tax and audit, which substantially increase their overhead and legal liability. With a focused service offering and a learn operating model, DLC delivers exceptional value, meaning their clients pay for results – not overhead.
DLC provides the following services:
- Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Financial Systems Implementation
- Interim or “Gap” Financial Management
- Process Documentation & Redesign
- Project Management
- M&A Due Diligence Support
- Post-merger Financial Integration
About the Chicago Tribune
The Chicago Tribune was founded in 1847, and is the top source of news and information in the Chicago area and the largest news organization in the Midwest. The Tribune, winner of 27 Pulitzer Prizes, is known for its innovative investigative reporting, insightful coverage of the arts and culture, and community-leading opinion writing. The Chicago Tribune is the flagship publication of Chicago Tribune Media Group (CTMG) which also publishes six daily suburban publications, including the Daily Southtown, Post-Tribune, Naperville Sun, Lake County News-Sun, The Beacon-News and The Courier-News, as well as more than 30 weekly community publications. The CTMG portfolio also includes Chicago magazine, and other digital brands, products and services.
Energage is a purpose-driven technology company that powers Top Workplaces, the nation’s premier employer recognition program. Analyzing data from a research-backed employee engagement survey, Energage identifies people-first Top Workplaces across the country, as well as regionally in partnership with 60 of the nation’s most reputable media outlets. Quarterly national awards include Culture Excellence and Industry recognition. Energage empowers organizations to exceed the competition, evaluate where they stand in the market, and engage with employees. Over 27 million employees across more than 70,000 organizations have completed the Workplace Survey, including some of the nation’s leading brands: Accenture, Ace Hardware, The Atlanta Hawks, Go Daddy, Facebook, and Progressive Insurance. For more information or to nominate your organization, visit energage.com or topworkplaces.com.
DLC, an Addison Group company, is a finance and accounting consulting and professional services firm that has served thousands of clients, from venture-backed start-up companies to Fortune 1000, since 2001. Our focused service offerings generally support the office of the CFO. We provide our clients with hands-on project based and interim support. Our DLC consultants have a unique credential set including Big-4 CPAs and/or top 25 MBAs, all of whom have significant industry experience. Additionally, they are full-time DLC employees, thereby providing our clients the utmost in project continuity.
By Chase Raines