Consulting for Your Finance and Accounting Career
Many seasoned Finance and Accounting professionals are taking the consulting route because they desire exposure to diverse industries, short-term projects and flexible schedules that can provide them with better work-life balance.
Consulting is good for your career because you will:
Stay on Top of Your Game
The minute you start consulting, you are seen as the expert in the room. Finance and accounting teams will look to you for up-to-date information about:
- Trends in their business sectors.
- Financial system management.
- Changes in current laws and regulations at federal, state, and local levels that affect their business.
Become Informed about Real World Concerns
Working with various companies that serve a range of clientele and communities, informs your consulting role.
- Your knowledge of financial effects is broadened.
- Real world challenges and solutions from large and small businesses carry over to your work with others.
Build Your Network
You will meet businesses and individuals who learn about your consulting skills.
- Your growing network will include other consultants with diverse experiences. Promote opportunities to learn from each other.
- Reach out to other financial consultants within a sector or community to expand your knowledge and contacts.
Increase Vision and Innovation
Consulting promotes innovation. Take these steps to assure that’s true for you!
- Watch as your knowledge and perspective expand and deepen.
- Reflect on the dominant challenges that clients confront.
Consulting can be a rewarding path and Finance and Accounting Consultants are becoming more attractive to companies that need quality financial talent on an interim basis. With that in mind, now is the perfect time to consider making the move.
If you have the right combination of skills, education and experience to meet the high standards of today’s employers, take a look at our current consulting opportunities by clicking here. At DLC we hire consultants with experience in Fortune 1000 companies and are Big 4 CPAs and/or MBAs from the Top 25 Business Schools. We look forward to talking to you.